This year Ticketmaster’s Black Friday event ran for a full week from Friday 24 November until Friday 1 December. Set up on a dedicated splash page, the campaign was supported by all Ticketmaster UK channels.
Throughout Black Friday week we had almost 280 offers from clients across Ticketmaster UK, TicketWeb, Universe and Ticketmaster Sport.
We used our vast number of marketing channels to support the Black Friday campaign and enhance our SEO performance:
- A pre registration campaign and blog post
- 4 solus e-shots sent to over 5m people
- Homepage takeover and spotlights
- Social takeovers on Twitter and Facebook
- Support from our 3,500+ affiliates
- Print advertising
- Online ad retargeting and PPC spend
- Advertising banners featured in TicketAlert weeks prior and during the campaign
- Certain clients participating in cross marketing, advertising their events while driving traffic to the Black Friday page
The Black Friday splash page had 148k views overall. With 80k people visiting the splash page on Black Friday itself.
- The campaign overall sold over 38,500 tickets across all genres
- Our eshots performed well selling over 20k tickets
- Our affiliates picked up and pushed the campaign
- Comedy was the best performing genre
This resulted in a huge 50% increase from the previous campaign.
James Bay released the luscious ballad Wild Love on Virgin (Universal Music) this first new song since his 2015 double platinum selling debut Chaos and the Calm.