The brand new scheme will pair leaders from across the Ticketmaster and Live Nation business, with bright young people from FastForward’s network of dynamic young industry executives.
Six mentors will each take on one person for 12 months, giving regular advice on all aspects of a mentees’ working life. The mentors for the program are:
- Christine Lanoy, Senior Director Design & UX, Product, Ticketmaster
- Jackie Wilgar, SVP, Marketing International, Live Nation
- Jo Young, Associate Director of International Marketing Services, Ticketmaster
- John Talbot, Senior Manager International Business Development & Artist Relations, Ticketmaster
- Kelly Chappel, VP Touring, Europe, Live Nation
- Wes Holland, Director of Digital Product & Business Development, Marketing Solutions, Live Nation
In order to apply for the scheme, candidates must:
- be working in the music industry, preferably with two or more years’ experience
- have clear career objectives, and a vision for how the mentoring scheme will help to achieve this
- have attended a previous FastForward conference (FastForward 2016 or 2017, or FastForward: London 2017) or hold a ticket for FastForward 2018
Mark Yovich, President Ticketmaster International, said, “Supporting the next generation of leaders within the live industry is vital to ensuring continued success for the industry as a whole. Having a mentor there to guide you at the earlier stages of your career is invaluable, which is why we’re pleased to team up with FastForward on this scheme.”
Chris Carey, Founder of FastForward, added, “It’s fantastic to launch this mentoring program with Ticketmaster. I’m excited that in addition to the events in Amsterdam and London, that the mentors will be providing year-round support for a handful of our community. Mentoring can be incredibly powerful, especially at the early stages of your career. I’m excited to see the impact that it will have.”
Both Ticketmaster and FastForward are committed to driving a healthy and diverse future for the live industry. This partnership builds on the intimate dynamic of the FastForward conferences by offering one on one, tailored guidance for six outstanding candidates.
FastForward returns to Amsterdam on 15 – 16 February 2018 for its third edition. Tickets are on sale now and available here.
Source: FFWD press release, 25 October 2017
The new owner of UK venue SWX is to work with local and national promoters to bring more live music to what it calls “the best 1,100-capacity room in Bristol”.