The record featuring new single Want You Back has won critical and commercial acclaim, topping the US Billboard chart, making 5SOS the first and only Australian act ever to secure three US chart No.1 albums. Congratulations guys!
In the UK and Europe 5SOS label Capitol / Universal Music Group partnered with Ticketmaster Artist Services to deliver a high-profile album pre-order for tour presale campaign, through which fans who bought their advance copy of Youngblood at the band’s official webstore qualified for an exclusive 48-hour presale for the band’s tour, powered by Ticketmaster Artist Services, ahead of the public general sale.
Watch the video for I Want You Back
Working closely with Universal Music’s commercial team, Artist Services co-ordinated the presale allocations for all of Europe with promoter partners SJM Concerts, Live Nation, DF Concerts and Mojo, as well as generating passcodes for fans (distributed by Universal’s commercial team) and built the tour listings page.
Ticketmaster Tour Landing Page
Ticketmaster was also a major marketing partner for the album; promoting details of the mechanic with a direct link to purchase the album through a headline story on the Ticketmaster Blog and socials, plus a dedicated e-shot to hundreds of thousands of concert goers with high propensity to purchase 5SOS albums and tickets.
Ticketmaster Blog Feature
Utilising the high demand for the band’s frenetic and dynamic live show as an additional incentive for fans purchasing the new album, the mechanic formed a major part of the pre-release strategy, securing thousands of album orders on the band’s official website and ultimately helping Youngblood sell 16k x copies in its opening week, charting at No.3 in the UK Official Artist Album Charts.
Youngblood is available via Capitol now here.
5SOS are tour in the UK and Europe this October and November:
- 23 October 2018 – O2 Academy, Glasgow
- 26 October 2018 – O2 Apollo, Mancester
- 29 October 2018 – O2 Academy Brixton, London
- 1 November 2018 – O2 Academy, Birmingham
- 2 November 2018 – O2 Academy, Sheffield
- 4 November 2018 – Forest National, Brussels
- 5 November 2018 – AFAS Live, Amsterdam
- 6 November 2018 – Mehr! Theatre, Hamburg
- 8 November 2018 – Forum Black Box, Copenhagen
- 9 November 2018 – Sentrum Scene, Oslo
- 10 November 2018 – Fryhuset, Stockholm
- 12 November 2018 – Palladium, Cologne
- 13 November 2018 – Zenith, Paris
- 15 November 2018 – Tonhalle, Munich
- 16 November 2018 – Halle 622, Zurich
- 17 November 2018 – Forum, Milan
- 19 November 2018 – Wizink, Madrid
To learn more about album initiatives and music bundling with Ticketmaster, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Over 50 employees of Ticketmaster UK will enter the boxing ring at London’s Troxy as part of their UWCB event this month to raise funds for Stand Up To Cancer.