Last night the longlist of nominees for the Sottish Album of the Year (SAY) Awards was announced at Glasgow's King Tuts. A panel of 100 expert nominators were asked to vote for their favourite new releases, with the results unveiled by broadcaster and journalist Nicola Meighan. The list recognises artistic achievement across a wide range of contemporary music genres. The awards ceremony for the prestigious prize – which offers a £20,000 award to the winning artist – will take place at Paisley Town Hall on 6th September.
The full long list of nominees are:
- Adam Holmes and The Embers – Midnight Milk
- BABE – Kiss & Tell
- Best Girl Athlete – Best Girl Athlete
- Blue Rose Code – The Water of Leith
- Catholic Action – In Memory Of
- Chris Stout and Catriona McKay – Bare Knuckle
- Elephant Sessions – All We Have Is Now
- Franz Ferdinand – Always Ascending
- Golden Teacher – No Luscious Life
- Happy Meals (now known as Free Love) – Full Ashram Devotional Ceremony (Volumes IV – VI)
- Karine Polwart with Pippa Murphy – A Pocket of Wind Resistance
- Kobi Onyame – Gold
- Martha Ffion – Sunday Best
- Mogwai – Every Country’s Sun
- Neon Waltz – Strange Hymns
- Out Lines – Conflats
- Pronto Mama – Any Joy
- Siobhan Wilson – There Are No Saints
- The Spook School – Could It Be Different
- Young Fathers – Cocoa Sugar
The Scottish Album Album of the Year (SAY) Award has grown to become Scotland’s most popular and prestigious music prize. Developed by the Scottish Music Industry Association (SMIA) in association with Creative Scotland, The SAY Award wields one of the UK’s most lucrative prize funds and champions innovation and diversity of Scotland’s musical landscape.
TicketWeb is a proud to partner with SAY.